Friday 18 November 2011

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS - How to make a Ribbon Rose.

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

With weeks to go until I can adorn our home with Christmas decorations, my hubby Mr C has requested for the first time ever, a Traditional Christmas.  He fancies holly and ivy and the colours of red's gold and green.  I am not sure why this has come about, as for years we had had silvers, purples and clear lights but who am I to argue with him!  So I am now on a mission to make as many decorations as I can.  I shall be spending many a winter evening (work permitting) looking through the internet for ideas that are cheap and cheerful (and free).  Mr C has also agreed that he will help me make some and started to this evening by making a ribbon rose of tartan that will go on the tree.  I had purchased three reels of the wired ribbon earlier in the year, put it in a bottom draw and had forgotten all about it but an hour after finding it, he said he was just testing some other ideas I have my first tartan rose.  (These are so easy it takes seconds to make one).  Pictures will follow but these instructions may help in the mean time.

I will post more and more Christmas decorations as and when I find or make them.

Can't tell you how excited I feel!




HOW TO MAKE A RIBBON ROSE
DIY: How to make ribbon roses - Click to enlarge

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to learn how to make ribbon roses for a while now and these are the best instructions i've found so far. I'm a little confused about the rolling bit though

    ReplyDelete

Hi All,
Please feel free to leave a message. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Kind wishes to all of you.
Shinyshiny