Saturday 29 October 2011

THE EDMUND BOUTIQUE HOTEL BED AND BREAKFAST HASTINGS PART 2

THE EDMUND BOUTIQUE HOTEL BED AND BREAKFAST HASTINGS EAST SUSSEX

Again we are still awaiting news of the progress of the Change of Use.  Still in the meantime I have found some inspiration of the look we are after for the hotel.  We are after something classic but with an added something that people wouldn't have at home. 









PART 2


Just to keep you all up to date.

We are still awaiting on a decision from the local council to find out whether we can change the 'use' of our building from a C2 to a C1. (care home to hotel).  It's taking forever and in a way I kind of feel cheated that the local council are charging for this piece of info even though they can change their mind at a later date.

On a positive I have had some great ideas for the design.  I want to keep it posh but on trend.  I have seen some ideas for the bedrooms and wondered what you think.

Idea number 1 is rather like my room at home - Black and cream with hints of dark pink. Thinking Licorice Allsorts!

Idea number 2 - Hasting Rock...Lots of bright colours with a hint of fresh mint to stir the pallett!




Idea number 3:  Is Ice Ice Cool, for those lazy hot Hastings Days (or for our winter snow days).




Let me know what you think.  What would you really like to see in a hotel room?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Found this blog whilst looking for B&B's. we are turning our own home into a B&B and like you are caurrently looking at interiors of our bedrooms. We have also been caught up in red tape.

    Have you seen the Little Pink Book? its worth a look.

    I love the first room in black. I am not mad on black but this really works.

    Please put some other ideas on here.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like #1 for the more sophicated look...but #2 is really my favorite for a somewhat whimsical yet relaxed look. Good luck with all of the red tape. I too have often thought of doing this. The economy in the US is terrible right now...so not he best time for dreams to come true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nana we are finding out about what recession means in the UK at the present time. Lots of people thought they would be safe and be able to ride out the storm but as the months are going by most people are feeling the pinch. I think after Christmas we will all be in for a rough ride.

    I am hoping I can do the B&B as a means of income (providing of course people can still afford to go away). The house itself is lovely but needs work as you can see from the photos.

    I keep trying to be positive, knowing that we will be out of this recession one day.....just not for a few years yet, I suspect.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking for a boutique hotel to stay in Hastings at Easter. My sister is getting married so we need to be near the old Town. Will The Edmund be ready then?

    Also can you give us any details of prices and services.

    Thanks
    Dawn and Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Hi All,
Please feel free to leave a message. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Kind wishes to all of you.
Shinyshiny