Friday 7 October 2011

THE EDMUND

A few years back Mr C and myself stayed in a nice boutique hotel by the sea, five minutes from where we live.  Everyday on the way to work I drive past the place and look in it's windows to see a huge shinyshiny mirror.  Well for a treat I booked two days and enjoyed every second of it.  However it really got me thinking.  I took all the mental notes I could on the place, from bedrooms to food to service to decoration to how much money the place was making and came up with the conclusion Mr C and I could do this.  So ever since I have been keeping an eye on all the booking of the local hotels and B&B's, the property market and keeping a word document full of ideas and picture of I wants.

Well to cut a long story short I have found a nice commercial building, and ex care home that would be ideal.  The price is high, but in today's climate I am hoping I can work on that one.  There is work to be done. The building has been empty for some years and it is weather proof, with en-suits fitted to all of the five bedrooms which just need jazzing up to boutique standards.  I will add photos soon so you can get a picture.

We are thinking of a four bedroom Boutique B&B with a living room, dining hall and reception area.  There are a number of little rooms suitable for an office, laundry room and storage etc away from the main rooms of the house. 

So far we have just been reading all the rule and regulations, taxes and the change of use should we decide we need to sell as a normal house if it goes wrong (this is is the real off putting bit a the local council are not into changing back a commerical property to residential).  Mr C and I have an appointment to talk to the bank next week.

I'd appreciate any help you can give in this area.  Are we dreaming of roses when we should be running in the opposite direction?

Photos to follow:
Much love.
Mrs C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,
Please feel free to leave a message. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Kind wishes to all of you.
Shinyshiny